Happy New Year 2016 to you!!
We are happy to be back in Portland after our winter break visiting family and friends in Germany. Our first day open will be January 09th, 12-8pm. We can’t wait to see you again!
Here’s a summary of what we have been up to:
- Winter wonderland, visiting Germany’s most beautiful christmas markets. After arriving in Frankfurt in mid December, we stayed one night in Erfurt to explore, eat and drink
- Next stop: Christmas market in Dresden:
- Egg nogg and wild game flatbread sandwich at the christmas markets:
- Next stop Berlin, home of Döner Kebab!
- Chicken Döner at Hackesche Höfe in Berlin (recognize the wrapper?):
- How about Currywurst? We had one of those at Potsdamer Platz in Berlin:
- And then we met the Syrian refugee family in Berlin that escaped their country from war and terror. The family, we have been collecting money for. Thank you for your tips and generous donations! We were happily surprised how well they all spoke German already and how humble and grateful they were. Their story is one of many; but we realized how important it is to hear at least one and how it puts everything else in perspective. Ask us if you want to learn more about them. A picture with the kids and me:
- While in Berlin, we met with the German journalists that interviewed us in Portland a few months back. The same week, the story about our food cart got published in the German travel magazine America Journal:
- We spent 6 days in Berlin and traveled down south to spend the holidays and new years with family. And had a few more Döner there…
- …and finally one last Döner in Frankfurt before our flight back to Portland!
We will see you again at Piedmont Station Food Carts on 625 NE Killingsworth in Portland this Saturday, January 9th, 2016 at 12pm! We’re happy to be back 🙂